This Sunday, May 13th is Mother’s Day- a time to celebrate the woman who birthed, raised you, and provided all of the wisdom that has gotten you this far. On this special holiday, we invite you to honor the women and mothers in your lives by doing good.
- Honor a mother or woman making an exceptional difference in her community by nominating her for L’Oreal Paris USA’s Woman of Worth. Women are making a big impact in our communities every day. If you know a woman that’s working to make your community better nominate her for L’Oreal Paris’ Women of Worth, which recognizes, celebrates and supports the women making big differences in our communities.
- Give your mom gifts that give back! Whether it’s a necklace, bracelet, or pretty pair of earrings, 20 percent of the proceeds from Jewelry for a Cause goes towards the charities of the client’s choice.
- Give A Mom-To-Be A Safe Delivery: In 2010 alone, the International Rescue Committee helped more than 152,000 pregnant women have safe deliveries in areas where hospitals have been destroyed. When you send your mom an IRC Mother’s Day card, your $24 donation will make sure that figure keeps climbing.
- If your mom has more than enough “stuff,” consider this fresh idea: Provide a green garden — and a living — for another mother and her family. An Oxfam fruit and vegetable garden provides fresh fare for families in need to eat themselves or sell at local markets. Purchase your Oxfam garden from one mom to another here.
- Don’t forget to take care of Mother Earth! On Sunday spend the day out doors with your mother by taking planting a garden or beautifying your local park by planting flowers.
- Help keep mothers healthy by volunteering to do a Mother’s Day 5k Run/Walk. If you are not interested in actually running the race, you can always help set up, decorate, pass out water and snacks, or simply cheer! Whatever you are willing to offer, you will be welcomed with open arms and thank you!