Employee volunteer programs are a great way to not only benefit your community, but also your workplace environment and employees. It is easy to begin one of these programs within your office environment. By serving your community as an organization, the community will get to know your business and their employees. Establishing a personal connection with the community will improve the overall attitude that your community has toward your business.
Do you still not believe that an employee volunteer program is worth the time and energy? Check out the top twelve benefits reported by companies who have employee volunteer programs as part of their business plan.
- Helps create “healthier communities:” Concepts such as corporate social responsibility create more vibrant and thriving communities because it allows business to practice greener methods and sustainable business measures.
- Improves corporate public image: When your business chooses to give back to the community, it is often viewed as a sign of generosity and appreciation from those living in the community. Volunteering shows that your business truly cares about the community and the people with which it operates.
- Enhancing impact of monetary donations: Organizations will be more appreciative of your donations when they link a personal value to the donation. Do not just throw money at an organization, but rather help enhance that organization through volunteerism.
- Improving relations with community and/ or government: The overall community will think more highly of your business when they see the good that it does for the entire community.
- Building employees’ teamwork skills: The best way for your employee to get to know each other outside of a work environment is to serve together. It allows employees to interact with coworkers they may never communicate or work with.
- Improving employee morale: Volunteering boosts motivation and allows employees to work with each other outside of an office setting. When employees have the chance to give back in a meaningful way for something they care about, they will feel more positively connected to the organization.
- Attracting better employees: Your business will have a better chance at recruiting more motivated and driven employees when it offers the chance to give back to the community in addition to work benefits.
- Enhancing employee training: Great way to teach your employees useful skills, through volunteer work.
- Improving employee retention: Your employees will feel more connected to the company and want to continue their work there when they feel the issues they care about are also important to their company.
- Enhancing corporate strategic goals: You can model your volunteer program strategy to accomplish your overall mission statement goals.
- Enhancing employee productivity: When employees get a break from the office, they become better workers when they return.
- Enhancing company productivity: Get your company’s goals accomplished through volunteering!